Class Championship Game.

Ninety-four beats Ninety-five 9 to 8.

The sophomores met the freshmen again in base ball yesterday afternoon and won by a score of 9 to 8.

The game was dragged out through a space of three hours, but was intensely interesting during the last three or four innings. The play was very much hampered by the crowding of both classes upon the base lines, in their efforts to rattle the opposing players, and the game was repeatedly called to clear the field to render respectable playing possible. The general impression that a stranger viewing yesterday's performance, would carry away, would, after making ample allowance for the intense class feeling which rightly exists between the two classes, certainly be derogatory to the gentlemanly spirit which is supposed to prevade the college at large.

At the end of the fifth inning the score stood 7 to 5 in Ninety-five's favor. In the sixth Ninety-four took a batting streak and made three singles, which, aided by good stealing and errors, raised her score to 9. Gale now took Mackie's place in the box and struck out the first man that came to the bat. The second was given a base on balls, but was thrown out prettily in trying to steal second, and the third man met the same fate. In the seventh Ninety-four failed to score. Ninety-five added one and with three men on bases and one out, Gillmore and Whiting both struck out and the best chance to win the game was gone. Neither side succeeded in altering the score in the eighth, but in the ninth it seemed as if a tenth inning would be necessary. Clark hurt his hand and Cabot took his place. McAdams made a two-bagger, stole third, but while trying to come home on a sacrifice was put out by Cabot, assisted by Gale. Wadsworth struck out and the game was ended.

Phelan's work at second was as pretty an exhibition of fielding as one could wish to see. He had nine put-outs and three assists, with no errors. Mackie's batting and the fielding of the Ninety-four team were the other features of the game.

The score:

NINETY-FOUR.

A.B. R. B.H. T.B. S.H. P.O. A. E.

Frothingham c.f, 4 2 2 2 0 1 0 0

Harding r.f., 5 2 1 1 2 0 0 0

Mackie p. 1b., 5 2 4 4 0 3 6 0

Lowell 2b., 4 2 1 1 0 3 2 0

Hapgood 3b., 5 0 1 1 1 0 1 0

Quigley s.s., 5 0 1 1 0 0 1 1

Clark c, 3 1 1 1 0 8 3 0

Cabot c., 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0