The Cricket Eleven opens its season in Cambridge today with a game with the Chelsea Cricket Club. To judge from the record made by the Chelsea eleven last year, the game is almost sure to be a good one. Those who do not go with the nine to Providence will have a good chance or getting a better idea of how the game of cricket is played. One of the reasons why the college takes so little interest in the game is that most of the men do not understand the fine points of the playing. Almost any game would seem dull to those who could not appreciate what the players were striving for; and many a game which in its crudeness is rather slow, becomes remarkably interesting when the more subtle plays are understood. Cricket at Harvard seems to suffer from this very ignorance among the students of the real skill of the game. By providing for a large number of games in Cambridge, the Cricket Club means to give the college better opportunities of understanding and appreciating the game.

A number of complaints nave reached us relative to the condition of the tennis courts. The dust on them has been fearful, and many of the courts could not even pretend to be smooth. The condition of the league courts has been a little better than that of the others, but even these are far from what they ought to be. There may have been some excuse for the dryness of the courts in the long absence of rain; but after yesterday's shower there should be no reason for not keeping the courts in perfect condition. The association has this trust from the college, to provide it with at least respectacle tennis accommodations; and considering the great number of men who use the courts constantly, the association should see to it at once that the grounds are put in proper order.