A notice appears for the first time in this week's calendar of lectures to be given during the second half-year to those interested in the subject of teaching. There have been lectures on special branches of this subject during the first half-year which have proved eminently successful. The program for the second half-year, however, offers a still broader field for information. Instead of a single course of public lectures of a rather advanced nature, there is to be given a course by Professor White on the elementary methods of instruction, also courses addressed to teachers by Professor Davis and Professor Goodale. Of the three courses, that given by Professor White concerns itself most intimately with the college, not only by reason of its being more closely confined to the college than the others, but from the fact that it touches more elementary subjects and is thus of closer interest to college men. All of the courses, however, will be of great benefit to the University. The new department of pedagogy, which is an experiment this year, is succeeding admirably and is supplying a much needed want. What the University gives to its students loses much of its value in the world if the students in turn are not able to give their information out to others. To take this final step in the matter of education, the department of pedagogy has adopted the plan of giving courses of instruction by those who, from long experience, are most fitted to speak with authority. The courses which are offered for the coming half-year promise to prove very valuable.