THE report of the Medical School in the last Graduates' Magazine calls special attention to the need of increased requirements for admission to the School. The requirements for admission as they stand now are barely equivalent to the examinations for admission to college, and with the increasing numbers in the Medical School, and the higher standard of medical study itself, the requirements should be increased. The Harvard Medical School should take the first rank of any schools in the country: the extension of the course to four years was a decided step toward a higher standard of education, more attention is given to certain branches of necessary instruction, and examinations have been instituted in certain courses where they have not been used before, but where they are nevertheless needed. If the School is to take the high position in the country which it should take, the requirements for admission should be made harder. Only the best men are wanted, and the chief method to get the best men there, as here in the college, lies in these requirements for admission; the more difficult they are the better the men who pass them. On the other hand if the requirements are too severe they will doubtless tend to shut out many men who object already to requirements that call for four years study or their equivalent at college. At present the college and Medical School training of students, being of four years' duration, launches a man upon a professional career at a late age in his life Nevertheless it is partly by more severe requirements for admission that the best and most desirable class of men will be obtained.