By the courtesy of Professor Ames and of the correspondent of the New York Evening Post, we publish in another column a clear and satisfactory exposition of the football relations which have existed between Harvard and Princeton for the past year or so.

There is little to add in way of explanation; the statements themselves are concise and strongly expressed and present Harvard's attitude in the matter in a light which is probably new, in great part even to Harvard men. We cannot urge too strongly the importance and necessity that every man in college should take advantage of the opportunity now given to learn the policy which has been our guide throughout this controversy with Princeton and the position in which we now stand. What has doubtless prejudiced people against Harvard on this question has been the weak and unsatisfactory explanation which the great majority of students are forced to make when asked right out and out to justify the stand which Harvard has taken. Experience has taught us to expect misrepresentation from the press of the country, but it is even more exasperating to think that owing to our own failure to get at the bottom of things, we have often caused misunderstanding. The good that one can do by presenting to his friends a clear and reasonable statement of all that has happened is inestimable, and it is to be hoped that every Harvard man will feel it his duty to correct as far as possible the talse impressions which have gained a hold in the minds of so many.