The junior class dinner usually comes immediately after the mid-year examinations. If Ninety-three desires to profit by the experience of previous classes, it will not put off preparing for its dinner much longer. Last year the dinner committee was appointed in good time, and the result was the most successful class dinner held for years. As this dinner is one of the most important points in the life of every class, we hope that Ninety-three will do everything possible to make it a success. The dinner is a strong unifying force. It is the first time that the whole class comes together in a social way. More than this it is one of the few thoroughly democratic occasions in the history of a class; at it men rise above cliques, factions and society ties to become for the first time a united body, and out of it grow bonds of unity and good-fellowship which join them, henceforth, for the welfare of their class.

It has been customary, we believe, for the president of the junior class to appoint a committee of five, of which he is himself chairman, to undertake the management of the dinner. He should do this in time to enable the committee to complete all the necessary arrangements for the dinner and announce the date a considerable time ahead.

In this connection we would also urge the seniors to consider the question of their class dinner. There was no senior dinner last year because it was put off until so late in the second half year that no time was left for it the manifold engagements that fill the last few months of the senior year. The senior dinner affords the last opportunity for the class to meet as a body before the breaking up at Class Day, and it has, therefore, a peculiar importance and significance. It has in past years been one of the pleasantest events of the senior year, and Ninety-two should see that it is this year.