The attention of the college authorities should be called to the fact that the college bell is not rung at one o'clock or at half past four. We do not know whether it has been customary to ring the bell in previous years at the close of the morning and afternoon sessions, but it certainly should be done now. The changes in the recitation hours necessitate it. In several of the twelve o'clock lectures the instructors keep the students until nearly a quarter after one; this makes it impossible for those who have half-past one o'clock lectures to get any lunch, and makes it very inconvenient for all men in the course. The same thing is true of the courses which come the last thing in the afternoon; in many of them the students are kept from ten to fifteen minutes over the hour. Now there is not only no use or advantage in this, but it is also wrong in principle. All lectures should stop promptly on the hour. Men go to lectures and recitations with the understanding that they will be kept an hour, and when they find that they are being kept longer they grow restless and inattentive. The days are crowded so full now with the extra hour thrust in that the most of us have all the lecture room work we want without any additions of the sort described here. Let the bell be rung at one o'clock and at half-past four to remind those instructors who are disposed to run over their time that there are certain limits within which they must keep.