Foot Ball.

Harvard 79; Bowdoin O.

Harvard won from Bowdoin yesterday afternoon on Jarvis Feld by a score of 79 points to nothing. The game was the most uninteresting of the season. Bowdoin's rush line during the first half was weaker than an ordinary preparatory school eleven's; and the Harvard rushers ran through it at will. The result was the Harvard men became pretty much demoralized by having such an easy time. During the second half they lost the little life that had characterized their play in the first half, and allowed Bowdoin to rush them down the field.

Harvard's interference showed some improvement, and the tacklers especially blocked off well for the backs. All the Harvard, line, however, played off-side a great deal. The umpire frequently gave the ball to Bowdoin on Harvard's holding and off-side play, which were very apparent.

During the second half Bowdoin played better; she bunched her men for the wedge on almost every down, and, with the help of Harvard's slow work, pushed the ball into Harvard's territory and kept it there some time. Bowdoin's work on the whole, however, was utterly weak. They could make no headway through the crimson forwards in the first half and in-variably had to give up the ball on four downs. Harvard would then carry it down the field and score about every three minutes. It finally began to glow monotonous, and the crowd began to dwindle away at the end of the first half. In the second half it was too dark towards the last to see distinctly, and so the referee called the game on account of darkness.

In the first half Bowdoin started the play, but soon lost it on four downs Newell and Emmons made some wide holes in the Bowdoin rush-line, and Fearing and Lake went through for long gains. Trafford had the third rush and scored the first touch-down. Goal.

After three minute's more play Trafford bucked the centre and scored again. No goal. Lake and Newell then each took a turn at carrying the ball across Bowdoin's line, and Trafford kicked one goal.

A little interest was excited when Trafford kicked a goal from the field on a fair catch place kick held by Lake. Score, 25 to nothing. The rest of the half was but a repetition of these tactics. Harvard would score from the centre of the field in three or four rushes, while the Bowdoin men could make no stand whatever against the crimson rushes. In the rest of the half Lake made five and Emmons one touch down, from which Trafford kicked four goals. Score 57 to nothing.

In the second half Bowdoin took some-thing of a brace, and Harvard's work grew very lifeless. Harvard scored four times, however; Lake twice, and Fearing and Trafford once each. Trafford kicked three of the goals. Final score 79 to 0.

The teams:

HARVARD. BOWDOIN.

Bond. left-end) Cothren.

Emmons, (left-tackle) Bartlett.

Vail, (left guard) Stone.

Shea, (Bangs) (centre) Dewey.

Highlands, (right guard) Shav.

Newell, (right-tackle) Ridley.