Communication.

We invite all members of the University to contribute to this column, but we are not responsible for the sentiments expressed.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

It seems a little futile to protest against a nuisance of such long and honorable standing as the inadequacy of the bathing facilities at the gymnasium. But the absurdity of the spectacle daily presented at the gymnasium is so great and the need of improvements so crying that if some one does not speak for them they will soon speak for themselves, which would probably be unpleasant. Every day about three hundred men try to get satisfactory baths by the use of six set tubs, nine soapstone sinks, four faucets and a cold shower-bath. These accommodations are insufficient, to put it mildly. When fifty men are crowded into a room as small as the shower bath, each waiting for a turn at one of four faucets it does not seem like exaggeration to say that there is not room enough.

Seriously something ought to be done. Men now have to spend an inordinate amount of time in waiting for a chance to bathe; indeed they often have to be satisfied with splashing before the set basins. Then when a man finally does get possession of some bit of apparatus he has to hurry through his ablutions so as not to keep the crowd waiting. All is hurry and confusion, and all is unsatisfactory. The college has long since outgrown its wash-tub, and another must be bought.

***