Fact and Rumor.

There will be music at the game this afternoon.

F. S. Sidway, '93, has left college on account of ill-health.

The Yale Theological School graduated a class of forty-one last Wednesday.

Three four-oared crews have entered for the races to be held May 24 by the Harvard Rowing Club.

The farewell theatricals of the '90 Pi Eta Society were given in the club's theatre yesterday afternoon.

Professor Royce addressed the Southern Club Wednesday on "A Squatter Riot in California in 1850."

The Yale Tennis Association is holding a series of class tournaments this week, the winner and second man in each class being allowed to enter the university tournament which is held next week.

The English Club will meet tomorrow. Mr. J. M. Manley will open discussion on "The Meaning of Philology."

L. A. Corne, '92, has written an anthem which will be sung at the Appleton Chapel service next Sunday. It is said to be of considerable merit.

At Lehigh recently, C. H. Detweiler, '90, broke the record for throwing the hammer by a throw of 94 feet 3 1-2 in., and also the record for putting the shot by a put of 36 feet, 3 1-2 in.

Forty members of the Zeta Alpha Society of Wellesley College are to be entertained by the Pierian Sodality next Monday afternoon in the rooms on the third floor of the north entry of Matthews.

College games Wednesday were: Amherst 6, University of Vermont 1; Woven Hose 7, Phillips Andover 3; Haverhills 5, Phillips Exeter 2; Colby 8, Bates 1. Andover has played five errorless games this year.

A committee of three from each class has been appointed by the president of the Yale Base Ball Association to prevent disorder of any kind, such as is likely to take place in case of the winning by the nine of any important victories.

It is said that Houghton, Mifflin and Co. are soon to publish a new book by Rev. A. P. Peabody, entitled "Harvard Graduates whom I have known." It will, in some respects, form a sequel to Dr. Peabody's "Harvard Reminiscences," and will embrace all the most noted graduates who have attained wide reputation.

At the annual spring games of Columbia College on Berkeley Oval, Wednesday, four of the Columbia records were broken: The 120-yard hurdle by H. Mayes, in 16 3-5 seconds; 220-yard dash by H. Shipman, in 23 1-5 seconds; pole vault by H. T. Welsh, 10 feet 2 1-2 inches, and 16 lb. hammer by C. Hinman, with a throw of 88 feet 9 1-2 in. This makes twelve records broken on the Berkeley Oval in two athletic meetings.