Foot Ball.

Yale 32; Princeton o.

Yale defeated Princeton at Eastern Park. Brooklyn, yesterday before 30,000 spectators by a score of 32 to 0 The majority of the crowd were Princeton sympathizers but neither side lacked support in the way of enthusiastic yelling.

Yale excelled in team and in individual play, especially in tackling; their centre was invincible and Princeton should have realized this and acted accordingly. On the other hand Princeton's rush line was easily pierced.

Princeton had the ball at the start and Yale the choice of sides. The play began with a V but King was downed without gaining anything. Spicer made ten yards and Homans tried for a goal out failed by 15 yards. The ball went to Yale and was kicked on the fourth down; the kick was fumbled and Harvey secured the ball gaining 10 yards and shortly afterward 15 more. Hartwell soon after started on a rush that looked good for a touch-down, but he was thrown on the 25 yard line and hurt; he did not withdraw, however. Rhodes next had the ball, and, aided by magnificent blocking, carried it to within one yard of the line. Princeton played with desperation and prevented scoring till three downs had been made. McClung kicked the goal and the score was 6 to 0.

Princeton again tried the V and again failed. They kicked and McClung got the ball and made 15 yards by splendid work, and then 10 more Heffelfinger followed with 10. Princeton secured the ball and kicked. McClung caught it and by good dodging brought it back 25 yards. For some time the battle waged fiercely without either side gaining more than a temporary advantage, but McClung ran around the end after catching a kick and made the second touchdown. The try for goal failed and Princeton had the ball on the 25 yard line. Soon after McClung made his third phenomenal run and scored 6 on a touch-down and goal. The first half stopped with the score 16 to 0 in Yale's favor.

In the second half Princeton had lost spirit and did not play nearly as well as in the first. Though the score was the same in each half, it was evident that Yale was simply holding during a good part of the last.

Yale had the ball and Rhodes made 30 yards. Poe was hurt in tackling him, but resumed playing. Yale made a series of good gains but it was more than half an hour before McClung, splendidly guarded made a touch down. The goal from this brought the score up to 22 to 0.

Bliss took Harvey's place and Jones that of Thomas. Almost immediately McClung got the ball on a punt of Homans and made a touch-down after a long and brilliant run. The goal made Yale's points 28.

Homans kicked again. In four minutes S. Morison made the last touchdown after one of the best runs of the game. The try for goal failed and left the final score 32 to 0.

The teams lined up as follows:

YALE. PRINCETON.

Hartwell, (left end) Warren.

Wallis, Speir.

Heffelfinger, Thomas (Jone).

Lewis, (centre) Symmes.

S. Morison, Riggs.