Fact and Rumor.

Postponed themes in English 12 are due today.

Amherst college received a silver medal for her exhibition at the Paris exposition.

The Ninety-three foot ball men will probably begin training for their class crew next week. Two hundred and ten men have signed for the foot ball dinner to be given Thursday night. The Princeton students held a celebration Monday night in honor of winning the championship.

There was no lecture in Philosophy XI yesterday on account of the illness of Professor Peabody.

Professor von Jageman will give a lecture on Lessing tomorrow in the German literature course.

George, of Princeton, hopes to be all right in two weeks. He will have to use crutches during that time.

Dr. Sargent was one of the principal speakers at the conference held by the friends of physical training at Huntington Hall, M. I. T., November 29 and 30.

E. W. Hawley, '89, substitute pitcher on last year's base ball team, is teaching in the High school, at Englewood, Ill.

The Exeter club held its regular monthly meeting last night. Professor Tufts of Exeter was present and spoke.

The next College Conference meeting will be held December 17. Professor C. C. Everett will speak on "The Belief in Immortality."

The second special report in History XIII is due on Saturday. The third special report was given out yesterday and is due February 1, 1890.

All the rooms in Hasting are now occupied except numbers 3 and 41. Two or three of the owners are not yet sleeping in their rooms.

The report of the Andover Academy foot ball management shows that the total receipts were $1,259, expenditures $800, leaving a surplus on hand of $450.

Dr. Tarbell's lecture on the Removal of the Elgin Marbles will be given in Sever 11 and not at the Jefferson Physical Laboratory as announced in the calendar.

The average age of the Yale freshman class is eighteen years and one month, one month younger than last year's average. The average weight is 130 pounds.

Seven of last year's Cornell crew, which defeated the crews of Columbia and the University of Pennsylvania, together with the coxswain and substitutes are back at college this year.

The Williams college eleven has played twelve games this fall, nine exhibition and three championship. Of these Williams won one championship and tied one and won five exhibition games. She has made three hundred and four points to her opponents' two hundred and thirteen. A notice is posted in University stating that an examination will shortly be held by the civil service commission in Washington, or in any other large city where the board has an office, to select two clerks for the geological survey, at a salary of $900 each. Some knowledge of geology is required.