The experience of a number of students in losing their property by the visitation of thieves early Monday morning out to be a salutary lesson not only for the students themselves to whose carelessness or thoughtlessness the loss was partly due, but also for the night watchmen who are supposed to be on guard to prevent such an occurrence as we are compelled to chronicle today. It seems very strange that four rooms in the dormitories in the yard should have been entered and robbed and yet that nobody, not even those on duty, should have discovered the fact until late in the morning. There seems to be room here for a charge of neglect of duty against the night-watchmen. At any rate, we hope that the recent raid will cause a sharper lookout to be kept during the early morning hours. The students will undoubtedly be more careful after this severe reminder; those who have usually left their doors unlocked or open will be vigllant for a time, and then they will gradually fall back into their old habits. It is when the reaction comes that watchmen are needed, and there will be absolutely no excuse if a repetition of the daring act occurs. It would not be too much to ask that the watchmen while making their rounds should see once every night that doors in the dormitories are closed and fastened. This would be a means of security, especially in Weld and Matthews, where there are double doors, and where, consequently, the liability to carelessness in having the doors unlocked is greater than elsewhere. A repetition of the recent robbery must be avoided even if double care should be necessary.