Harvard Dining Association.

The annual election of a President and a Vice-President of the Dining Association will be held at dinner tonight; that of Directors from the various classes of the College and departments of the University tomorrow night. The Corporation has granted the petition of the present management that there be added to the Board of Directors a representative of the members of the Graduate Department and of the offices of the University who are members of the Dining Association. This addition was asked for in order that the management might be strengthened by the presence in the Board of Directors of some one who would reflect the opinions of the older men of the Association. The representation from the Scientific School was abolished because of the very small number of men dining in the Hall who are enrolled in that department. The members of the Scientific School will vote for officers in the future with the classes of the college corresponding to their own. It seems to be the general opinion among the students taking their meals in the Hall at present that the food served has been of better quality and more carefully prepared than heretofore. This has undoubtedly been due both to the demands of the students and to the more earnest attention of the officers to the affairs of the Hall during the past winter. The opportunity is given today and tomorrow to make a selection of officers to carry on the management during the coming year. The spirit of the new Board of Directors will depend much upon the heartiness with which the election is carried out, and it is expected that the members of the Association will take sufficient interest in their own welfare to vote carefully.