In Monday's CRIMSON we spoke of the small attendance at the Saturday afternoon contests in the gymnasium, and remarked upon the scarcity of competitors and lack of general interest. The Yale News has been quick to see and comment upon our indifference in this direction. Yet Yale has seen the benefit that could result from such a system, and, not to be outdone by us, has also instituted a series of weekly prize contests in high jumping and shot-putting. And it seems as if she would reap great benefit from the plan, whereas we seem to be gaining little or no advantage from it. The cause for this lack of interest and competition seems to lie in the fact that the contests are held on Saturday afternoons. A large majority of men leave Cambridge on Saturday afternoon to spend Sunday with families or friends, and cannot attend the contests, either as spectators or competitors. We would suggest that the meetings be held on some evening in the middle of the week, when, undoubtedly, there would be a great increase in the interest and attendance. If, after the mid-years, this should be done, a large number of men would have both the time and the inclination to attend; the meetings would become of more importance, and the entries and competition would increase. This plan of holding the contests in the evening has been tried at Yale and has worked successfully. We hope that the Athletic Association will look into this and see if in this way the weekly contests cannot be made more advantageous.