Fact and Rumor.

There was no recitation in Philosophy 11 yesterday.

The University of Dakota has introduced military tactics.

The Harvard Odontological Society dined at Young's Monday evening.

Alexander Burr has been appointed house surgeon of the Harvard veterinary school.

The foot-ball team took a short walk yesterday afternoon instead of practicing in the field.

Table 24 m Memorial Hall has formed an eleven and wishes to arrange games with other teams.

There will be a recitation in German 9 tomorrow for those who are using the writing books.

According to the Columbia Spectator only "chumps and freshmen" wear the prescribed cap and gown.

There will be a slow hare and hounds run this afternoon, starting from Matthews at 3.15. The first two hounds in last time will be the hares.

Robinson, Yale '89, will probably umpire the Harvard-Yale freshman game. It is decided that B. Willard of the Tech. will act as referee.

A detachment of Battery A, of Boston, at the instigation of the ward and city committee, fired a salute, last night on Cambridge common, in honor of the victory of Harrison and Morton.

At the last meeting of the National Association of Amateur Athletes, a committee consisting of Messrs. G. A. Avery, H. Mapes, H. Pike and T. A. McEwan was selected to make arrangements for the team of American athletes which will visit Europe next summer. The team will be composed of the winners of the eighteen events at the great National Amateur Association meeting to be held on the grounds of the Manhattan Athletic Club, in New York city, the week before the intercollegiate games. The month of June will be spent in the trip across the ocean and in contests at Cork, Belfast, Dublin, Hudderslield, Manchester, Stourbridge, and at the games in London for the championship of England. Special contests will also be held with the London Spartan Harriers, the Blackheath Harriers and the London Athletic Club. The team will give two exhibitions at the Paris Expoition and will finish their tour at Brusels, where they will compete in the Belgium championship meeting.