Notices.

SUBSCRIPTIONS to the CRIMSON will be received at Leavitt and Peirce's and at Amee's. The price is $3.50, payable strictly in advance.

ALL men who wish to try for the football eleven, and all those who have played football before, are asked to be on the field at 4 o'clock sharp today.

J. H. SEARS.CANDIDATES for the freshmen eleven will please meet on Jarvis Field at 3 o'clock today, promptly.

J. H. SEARS.THERE will be an important meeting of all the marshals for the torchlight proccssion today at 1.30 p. m. in 8 Littles Block.

WILL the men who rowed in the '89 class crew last year meet for a few minutes at 21 Weld this afternoon at 3 o'clock?

HARVARD BICYCLE CLUB.- The club will run to Newton Centre this afternoon. Start from University at 4 p. m.

G. H. MERRILL.HARVARD BICYCLE CLUB.- Riders wishing to join the club will be admitted on application to the secretary at 14 Matthews this morning from 10 to 12 o'clock.

E. A. DARLING, Secretary.FRESHMAN CREW.- Candidates will find the hours at which they are to row posted in the freshmen quarters at the boat house.

J. H. KIDDER, Captain.ALL Minnesota men in Harvard University are requested to meet at 1 Little's Block on Wednesday next at 7.30 p. m. to organize a Minnesota club.

PIERIAN SODALITY.- Trial of candidates at Roberts Hall, Tuesday, Oct. 9th, at 7.30 p. m. Oboes, bassoons, horns, clarinets, trombones, violas and good violins are especially needed.

THE Hasty Pudding Club House will be open from 11 a. m. to 6 p. m. today and tomorrow to give an opportunity to members to read the manuscript presented at the last meeting. The treasurer earnestly requests that all assessments be paid immediately.