Special Notices.

Notices, if not more than five lines, inserted in this column for 50 cents each insertion, or $2.00 a week. For over five lines, the rates are doubled. Short "Lost" and "Found" notices, if inserted once, free; every additional insertion 50 cents. Al

A DESIRABLE ROOM facing south and east can be had at 18 Prescott street. o20 6t eod

SPARRING LESSONS.- Edw. J. Ferris has opened his sparring rooms in Brewer's Block, Brattle St., cor. of Palmer. Hours from 9 a. m. to 6 p. m. o9-1m

PROF. CASTRONI has been appointed fencing master at the Gymnasium. He will occupy the fencing room in the Gymnasium. Satisfaction is guaranteed. o24

A LIMITED number of table boarders wanted at 715 Cambridge street. GOOD BOARD GUARANTEED. Terms $5.50 per week. Also two furnished rooms to let, Terms moderate. o19-6t

SHORTHAND.- All who desire to join a class for the study of Shorthand are requested to sign book at Bartlett's drug store. S. G. GREENWOOD, Principal "Greenwood Finishing School of Shorthand and Type-Writing," 61 Court street, Boston, Mass.

HIGHEST PRICES PAID for cast off clothing. We make a specialty of cleaning, repairing, pressing and dyeing all kinds of Gents' Clothing. Call or send postal to 465 Main St, Cambridgeport.

WILLIAM H. BROWN.oct16 eod

MRS. E. L. METCALF, No. 18 Prescott street, would like to provide tables for two private clubs of six members each, and one table for twelve persons not forming a club. Refers by permission to Prof. C. F. Dunbar and Rev. Edward H. Hall. o22 6t eod

THREE UNFURNISHED ROOMS to let at 69 Brattle street. o16 1m

STUDENTS intending to take part in the torchlight procession who have not as yet signed should do so at once, as the books close Friday evening, Oct. 26th, at JAMES W. BRINE'S stores, 10 and 11 Harvard Row and 436 Harvard street.

REMEMBER that the place to buy your Jerseys, Sweaters, Tights, Stockings, Football Jackets and Pants, Dress Shirts, Ties, Dress Shirt Shields, English Mackintoshes, English Mufflers, Fencing Foils, Boxing Gloves, Walking Sticks, Umbrellas, Underwear, Hosiery, Gloves, etc., is at JAMES W. BRINE'S, 10 and 11 Harvard Row and 436 Harvard street.