The Symphony Concert.

The third concert of the Symphony Orchestra in Sanders Theatre last night attracted a large audience. The following programme was rendered:

Overture, "Melpomene," Chadwick.

Concerto for Pianoforte in

A minor, Schumann. Siegfried Idyll, Wagner. Symphony in E flat "Eroica,"

No. 3, opus 55, Beethoven. Soloist, Miss Adele Aus der Ohe.

As Mr. Gericke stepped upon the platform, he was greeted with a some what warmer reception than usual. The orchestra seemed to catch the spirit and gave one of the finest concerts for several seasons.

Cambridge people were favored in hearing Chadwick's new overture "Melpomene," which has been given but once before. It is a charming piece of dramatic music, and places Mr. Chadwick high among our American composers. Thanks are especially due Mr. Gericke for giving it such careful and exquisite rendering.

The second number, the Schumann concerto in A minor, is a very difficult work for the piano and Miss Aus der Ohe took the house by storm in her remarkable performance. Miss Aus der Ohe has won a most enviable position in Boston through her truly wonderful technique. The first movement of the concerts gave full scope to her powerful grasp, and the second to her exquisite and graceful touch. She won a well-deserved triple encore.

The Siegfried Idyll, though heard frequently in Boston, seems never to have been given with more delicacy than last night.

The Symphony was, perhaps, disappointing. The first movement seemed to lack the life so usually given it, and the concert was so long that the audience were perceptibly restless toward the end.