Every man at all interested in athletics and the progress of athletic education in this country has no doubt read with great pleasure the vigorous and scientific article of Dr. Sargent on a new system of physical measurements. The CRIMSON takes great pride in being the first paper to publish the anthropometric chart, and thus at the outset acknowledges such a valuable scientific work. The chart is a new departure in physical training and one that will be certain to have great influence in the schools, colleges and gymnasiums of this country; and the men of this university ought to feel proud that this aid and incentive to scientific physical culture comes from Harvard.

Dr. Sargent deserves great praise for the work that he has done. He, more than any man, has increased and urged on the cause of athletics in this country. He was the first man to place athletics on a scientific basis, and is today preeminently the authority on questions of physical exercise and development. He has expended an enormous amount of work for the last two years on this "new system" and he deserves the hearty praise and congratulations of the whole college for his conscientious labor in the cause of scientific physical culture. If any men wish to have sample copies of this chart, they may obtain them at the office of the gymnasium.