Foot-Ball.

HARVARD, 28; UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, 0.

(Special despatch to the Crimson.)

GERMANTOWN, Nov. 26, 1886.

Harvard played her last championship game at Philadelphia on Thanksgiving Day and won easily. Although the weather was threatening, it rained very little, and the grounds were in a fair condition. Pennsylvania won the toss and chose the advantage of a light wind. The ball was dribbled to Sears, who gained a few yards. By sharp running the ball was forced slowly down the field, Wood and Holden made pretty rushes, and at last the ball was down at Pennsylvania's five-yard line. In lining out Holden took the ball straight through the Pennsylvania line, and scored the first touchdown. Time 10 minutes. No goal was kicked. Pennsylvania kicked out on the 25 yard line and the ball was in the middle of the field for a time. Remington, Holden, and Sears, by fine rushes, advanced the ball 40 yards. Then, on lining up, Holden took the ball around by phenomenal running and dodging, and secured the second touchdown for Harvard. No goal. Harvard soon got the ball inside of the 25-yard line, and Sears passed through the Pennsylvania men with ease, scoring the third touch-down for Harvard. Again no goal. Pennsylvania, then, by several well placed kicks, gained considerable ground. Wright made a good run, but Harvard got the ball again. Very pretty work was done in the rush line. Wood, dropping from the line, carried the ball around the end and 30 yards down the field. Holden repeated the performance. Harding wiggled through his opponents, and by skillful dodging, reached the line, and scored the fourth touchdown for Harvard. A goal was kicked just before time was called. Score at the end of the first half: Harvard, 18; University of Pennsylvania, 0.

The second half opened with brilliant runs by Coates, Downs and Wright, who carried the ball well down into Harvard's territory. Harvard got the ball and passed it back to Peabody, who made a magnificent long punt. The return kick by Graham, was intercepted by Faulkner, and then Harvard regained the lost ground. Dudley was disqualified by the referee for tripping and his place was taken by Fletcher. Remington soon succeeded in picking up the ball, and made a fine rush, securing a touchdown for Harvard. A goal was kicked. Fletcher was hurt in a scrimmage and his place was filled by Holden, while Perry took Holden's place as half-back. Pennsylvania advanced the ball by pretty runs. Church and Dewey gained 35 yards, and brought the ball dangerously near the Harvard line, but Harding got the ball and Peabody kicked it out of danger. Pennsylvania then tried kicks with our back, and as a result, Peabody kicked the ball way over the head of Graham, and the ball was downed at Pennsylvania's 5-yard line. Harvard soon got the ball and Holden slipped through the line, scoring a touchdown. This was the last scoring done. No goal. Faulkner was disqualified by the referee and Boyden took his place. Time was called with the ball in the middle of the field. Score for the last half. Harvard, 10; University of Pennsylvania, 0. Score for the game, Harvard, 28; University of Pennsylvania, 0.

The Harvard team played a strong and steady game. Captain Brooks had his men under perfect control, and his hard and steady playing contributed much to Harvard's success. Holden played a magnificent game, though troubled with a lame ankle. Peabody's playing was steady and effective, Harding tackled finely, and his rushing and dodging was wonderful.

The teams were composed as follows: Harvard, Rushers, Faulkner, Wood, Remington, Brooks, Burgess, Woodman, Harding; quarter-back, Dudley; half-backs, Sears, Holden; back, Pea-body. Substitutes, Fletcher, Perry, Boyden.

University of Pennsylvania, rushers, Percy, Dewey, Tunis, Head, Salter, Breck, Church; quarter-back, Downs; half-backs, Wright, Coates; back, Graham. Referee, A. Baker, Princeton, '84.