Fact and Rumor.

Harvard plays Williams to-day at 4 P.M.

It seemed like old times to see Phillips on the base-ball field yesterday.

Willard leads the nine in batting, with an average of .500. Nichols is a very close second.

This week is commencement week at the Andover Theological Seminary. The graduating exercises occur tomorrow.

For the examination in Prescribed German to-day, the sections have been appointed as follows: I, in Sever 35; II, IV, in U. E. R.

The usual notice from the library has been posted. All students leaving Cambridge should return all books taken from the library.

The Columbia unversity and freshman crews were out on the Thames course Monday for the first time. They began Tuesday regular rowing eight miles daily.

No college has ever won ten straight championship games since the formation of the inter-collegiate league. Yale once won nine straight, but was defeated by Princeton in the final game.

Before the game was played yesterday afternoon, Captain Gardner entered a protest in behalf of '86, on the ground that Jones and Choate had acted as substitutes on the varsity nine and consequently were disqualified from playing on their class nine.

Between $2,000,000 and $3,000,000 has been left Harvard College, by Jacob P. Jones, a retired Philadelphia iron merchant.- Yale News.

President Capen will preach the baccalaurate sermon before the graduating class of Tufts college on the 14th. Commencement occurs the 17th.

Lyon, of Yale, in the Dartmouth game, made a clean hit of 450 feet, one of the longest ever made in New Haven.

The valedictory at Rutgers is a rhetorical honor at present, but by a recent decision of the Faculty, beginning with the class of '87, it will be awarded as the first honor in general grade.

The scratch eight will probably row the 'varsity crew on Monday. The scratch crew is made up as follows: Bow, F. S. Coolidge, '87; 2, Harris, '86; 3, Fiske, '87; 4, Ayer, '87; 5, Alexander, '87; 6, Cabot, '86; 7, Russell, '87; stroke, Remington, '87.

In a friendly tennis match on the Longwood grounds Saturday, R. D. Sears, the amateur champion of New England, defeated Thomas Pettit, the champion court tennis player of the world. The match was the best in five games, and Sears won the first 6-2, Petite the second 6-5,and the others won by Sears 6-3, 6-0.