The events of to-day, like those of last, Saturday will fill an important page in the athletic history of Harvard. The three contests which take place will go far towards determining the position which the Crimson is to hold, in respect to athletics, among the colleges of America. The 'varsity nine meets the Orange and Black, our most formidable rivals, in a game which is of vital importance in determining the championship struggle. If victory falls to us there can remain but little doubt as to the result of the struggle for the pennant. Our track athletes will endeavor to retain the Mott Haven Cup which has been so long in our possession as to seem almost like a fixture. Of our success in this endeavor there can be but little question. The steady and faithful work of the past winter cannot fail to meet its proper reward. Of the third event in which the college is concerned, but little remains to be said. The freshman championship has been held so long at New Haven that we have come to regard it as almost the personal property of Yale. The team that is to represent eighty-eight to-day has done faithful work, it is true, yet, perhaps we can hardly expect it to obtain, on the grounds of its rivals, the victory which it failed to gain at home. Altogether, however, the day bids fair to be a brilliant one for Harvard.