We publish to-day an account of the Advisory Conference Committee which was first organized at Williams in the spring of 1884, for the purpose of set tling the difficulties which arose between the students and faculty concerning the cane rushes which at that time excited considerable comment in the press of the country. The object for which the Committee was called together was simply to settle this one question, but its action was so satisfactory, and conducive of such excellent results that it has since been made a permanent feature of the disciplinary system. The Committee consists of twelve student members elected by the several classes, and four members of the faculty; its meetings are held once a month, and matters relating to base-ball, foot-ball, and general athletics are brought up for discussion. The greatest harmony in regard to all these questions exists between the students and faculty, due in a large measure to the beneficial influence of the Committee.

This will probably complete the series of articles on the experiments in cooperative college government which we announced some time ago as our intention to publish. We hope that these articles have been carefully read by the members of the faculty, as well as by the students, and that when the question of a conference committee for Harvard comes up before them for decision they will consider the success which has attended these attempts at student-government at other colleges, and therefore not hesitate to adopt the scheme which has been for some time under their consideration on the ground that there is a doubt of its success.