Harvard indifference may have killed many societies, but it will not kill the Co-operative Society. We are glad that the students took such interest in its welfare, as to attend in such large numbers the meeting last evening ; we are doubly glad that the sentiments expressed there were so unanimously in favor of the continuance of this, the most needed of Harvard societies. Within two weeks, $200 must be raised, and there is not the slightest doubt that double or triple that amount could be raised, if necessary. But let not the students, therefore, be relax, and fail to subscribe, Let every member go to the Co-operative office, and put down his name for whatever amount he feels like contributing. Let every man in college who is not a member join at once, and not longer enjoy benefits which are paid for by others. Some have failed to join the society out of carelessness ; others, contemptible specimens of humanity,-we feel sure they cannot be many in number-have made use of their friends' tickets to effect their own purchases.

We are not disposed to criticise the management of the society, indeed, the students, and not the superintendent and directors, are to blame, but we do feel that the best of judgment has not always been exercised in making purchases. For instance, there is in stock about $35 worth of calendars, worth now at the nearest junk-shop about a cent and a half a pound. It speaks well for our habits of cleanliness that the superintendent felt justified in laying in such a large stock of soap, but we think that nearly $250 worth is just a little too much. But these matters can be corrected when the society gets on its feet once more ; just now the hearty support of the students is wanted, and we feel sure that it will be given.