It seems a pity that we cannot have better temperatures in the recitation and examination rooms. One of the two extremes almost always exists, either the rooms are very much too hot or they are very much too cold. During the present season the former has perhaps been more prevalent than the latter, the rooms more often too warm than too cold. Why can't we have the good old "happy medium," or at least some attempts to attain it? Nothing wars so powerfully against the gaining of knowledge as an unpleasant atmosphere. To be sure some argue for the best development of genius under uncomfortable circumstances, but then not many of us have genius. Great genius may survive conflicts with circumstances and gain strength at the same time, but a little genius is quickly and not uneasily destroyed. But great genius is rare among men in comparison with the small genius, which is possessed in a greater or less degree by everybody. It is the little drops of water, the single flakes of snow, and so on. So then it is also the little bits of genius that make the mighty college, university, world of intellect. This leads us to the conclusion that the interests of those of small genius should be considered before the interests of those of great genius, that the rooms should be kept moderately warm and not actually hot nor very cold.