FACT AND RUMOR.

Tickets for the Yale game are now on sale at Bartlett's.

Princeton's graduating class numbers one hundred and thirteen men.

The game today will be called at 4 o'clock. Mr. Donovan will umpire the game.

A statue of Benjamin Silliman is to be placed in front of Farnham Hall at Yale.

The Bostons defeated the Providence club yesterday, by the score of three runs to one.

The group photograph of the institute of 1770 will be taken today on the rear steps of Sever.

The baseball management has decided to reserve the seats behind first base for ladies, and not, as previously announced the seats behind third base.

The Massachusetts Rifle Association will have a field day at Walnut Hill on the 17th of this month, to which members of the Harvard Shooting Club are invited.

The nine will play Dr. Pope's nine on Monday next, June 16th. The game will be called at 4 P. M. The game last year was very close, and promises to be the same this year. Dr. Pope will pitch.

The second game of the series between the CRIMSON and Early Rose ball nines was played on Jarvis Field, yesterday, resulting in a victory for the latter nine. The game was well played and exciting throughout, the score being 11 to 10.

Laboratory note books in Nat. Hist. 5 can be obtained at Grays 24, Wednesday evening, June 11th. After that date the books will be left in the laboratory, and can be obtained there by applying to the janitor for the key.

Dr. Hall has made the following assignments for the freshman Physics examination, today: Maximum section in U. E. R. Minimum sections, Abbot to Gushee, in Sever 37; Hale to Rust, in Upper Mass; Sampson to Zerega, in Lower Mass. Conditioned men take places as if members of the class.

On Thursday the Johns Hopkins University completed its eighth year. The exercises are simple and business-like. The closing day is not called commencement. There is no band, no speaking of the graduates, nothing but business. At 6 P. M. the president, trustees, professors, instructors, fellows, graduates and candidates for degrees entered Hopkins Hall and took their places. President Gilman's address to the students graduating urged that they should encourage popular education, doing what they could to advance the interest of the common school; that they should be interested in politics, have opinions, scan principles, and not stand aloof because of the cry against parties or politicians; that they should be afraid of error, never be afraid of truth, and never suffer themselves to speak with disdain of faith, for this is the beginning and the end of all science. [Ex.