FACT AND RUMOR.

The bicycle club's spring meeting will take place on January 7.

Mr. Baxter will be unable to box at the championships in New York on March 1st, owing to an old injury to his hand.

There will be a meeting this evening of the executive committees of the various athletic organizations. Time, 7 o'clock, in 41 Matthews.

Three of the men expected to play on the Amherst nine, next spring, are not, it is said, members of any college class. This is, probably, what Amherst regards as "strenuous efforts to gain the championship." [Princetonian.

All who handed in their names last term as subscribers to the College read-room are requested to pay the amount of their subscriptions as soon as possible; payments to be made to any of the directors of the room.

It is rumored that a mass meeting of the students will soon be called by the Athletic Association to consider the new athletic regulations, and to take action determining the course of Harvard's several athletic interests for the future in the matter.

At the meeting of the directors of Memorial Hall on Tuesday, a committee of two, with the president, was created, whose business it shall be to publish to the members from time to time all information about the conduct of the business of the association that will interest them and enlighten them upon the spirit and true workings of its affairs. The policy of the corporation of the college has been of late to throw the association as much as possible into the hands of the students, and it is to be hoped that the committee just mentioned will succeed in awakening a more active interest in the members, a thing which is much needed in order to insure the best performance by them of the part they have to do. It was also determined that the quality of the lunches should be improved.

There are about twenty men trying for places on the Mott Haven team. Of these, about fifteen are new men.

In an appeal for money for Park College the following sentiments appear: "Park College wants the raw materials with which to rebuild its recently burnt building-the boys will do the work. Yale cultivates rowing and produces oarsmen. Park cultivates skilled and useful industry, and produces self-reliant preachers, businessmen and farmers. The one understands the "Oxford stroke," the other the business stroke. The one will stop on a strand. The other will only stop long enough on the mountain top of success to get a good view of the world, when he will take wing-Excelsior!"

The Athletic Committee of the Princeton College faculty, consisting of Prof. Rockwood, Sloane, Scott, Osborne, and Young, held two meetings last Wednesday for the consideration of the resolutions offered at the Intercollege Convention in New York regarding college athletics. At the noon meeting representatives of the various branches of athletics in the college were entertained by the committee and permitted to state their opinions. The second meeting, at 5 o'clock, it was expected, would decide the attitude of the Princeton faculty towards the resolutions. Final action was not then taken, however.

The general oxordium to the recently published Inter-Collegiate Athletic Regulations omitted from the telegraphic report is as follows: "The object of physical training is to confirm health, correct morbid tendencies, strengthen weak parts, give a symmetrical muscular development, and secure as far as possible a condition of perfect physical vigor. In order to accomplish these desirable ends, young men are encouraged to take exercise, and to enter into the general practice of athletic sports and games. If, however, the object of physical training be lost sight of, and the desire to win the championship, or to attain the highest degree of excellence in these sports be made the paramount aim, then the practice of athletics is likely to be attended with evils that demand consideration. Some of these evils have already begun to make themselves manifest in the practice of college sports. With a view to correcting them and of making athletic exercises an aid instead of a hindrance to the cause of education, the Inter-collegiate Athletic Conference recommend the adoption of the following resolutions."