In light of the facts stated by the manager of our freshman eleven in our issue of this morning, it seems to us that the action of the Yale eleven cannot be too strongly condemned as ungentlemanly, discourteous, and unfair. Knowing that our eleven, by the rules of the faculty, could only play upon Saturday, the Yale men insisted upon some other day, but finally with a bad grace, yielded to the just demands of our freshmen. Then the affair was considered settled. The action of Yale in agreeing to the date was published in all the papers; a gentleman who holds a prominent position upon our team was informed orally by Yale that the game would be played upon the date so published; and the Harvard men accordingly, held themselves in readiness to go down to New Haven on Friday. Meanshile the Yale men had decided, without just, cause to give up the game. We should suppose that mere politeness would have led them to notify our team; but nothing of the sort was done. By an accident this remarkable freak on the part of Yale was learned by a Harvard man in New York, and a telegram from him saved our eleven a useless trip to New Haven. And now Yale alleging some at all. Therefore of Yale may possibly be explained by the fact that Harvard undoubtedly has a strong team this year. However that may be, Harvard must now content herself with a forfeited game in place of a probable victory.