COMMUNICATIONS.

EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON :-In the Princeton letter yesterday an allusion was made which would have carried less force had the facts been more plainly and fully stated by the author of the aforesaid letter. The gentleman, having in his mind the Princeton-Pennsylvania score of 31 to 0. says : 'I don't understand how the University of Pennsylvania beat Harvard? Leaving out of the question all flings at the referee, which at best are but cowardly utterances as against a man who cannot defend himself, I think I can account for Princeton's decide victory, though not for Harvard's unfortunate defeat. The Pennsylvania team last Saturday were forced to do without two of their very best players, Mitchell, half-back, and Thompson, smapback, whom the Harvard game had completely used up. Those who watched the game here closely will appreciate the extent of this loss, especially as there was no fit substitute to take Thompson's important position. The team had also lost two entire night's sleep, coming and returning from Cambridge, through their foolish buoyancy of spirit, a fact that of itself would account for the loss of considerable of that snap and vim, so valuable on a foot ball field. You may accordingly see that Pennsylvania had the same excuse for their poor showing on Saturday as Princeton put forth on the occasion of their 4-0 game against Stevens Institute. Harvard needs but little sympathy. more especially as, in the expressed opinion of the Pennsylvania players, she presented a team superior to their own. R., '85.