We are frequently reminded by the complaints of our Yale contemporaries of the ruthless way in which colleges in general and Harvard and Yale in particular are treated by the press generally. Still we are forced to believe that our New Haven fellows suffer in this respect more than we do. this is no doubt owing in great degree to the fact that Harvard is near Boston, whose papers are influential and on the whole give very fair accounts of doings here, while Yale is represented at home by very provincial publications, and New York is just far enough away to allow the news to become mixed in transition. But we also think that our Yale friends are in themselves partly to blame. The News, at least, is frequently guilty of great exaggeration, and of occasional misstatements, and if these are allowed to happen at home, they cannot find much fault if deceptive reports of their doings appear in the outside press.

But however we may try to account for this, the fact remains, and as there seems to be little or no remedy for it, we must, while deeply deploring such a state of affairs, suffer and be still. There is one way, however, in which we may possibly be able to make some little reform, and that is by endeavoring to influence the college correspondents of the various newspapers who for the most part are college men, and frequently undergraduates, while others are exceedingly "fresn." We therefore think that if they could be made to feel that they were in some measure responsible to the college for their published statements they would soon acquire sufficient discretion.