FACT AND RUMOR.

The Royal University of Ireland is open to women.

The Catalogue will not be out till December 6th.

The Yale team stopped at the Tremont House, Boston.

"Geese" is the name given by Western students to "muckers."

Mr. Lutz will give a German reading in Sever 11 this evening at 7.30.

Rev. M. J. Drennan will conduct the chapel exercises during December.

Professor Trowbridge was expected to reach New York yesterday by the White Star steamer Brittanic.

The first of the chamber concerts by the Mueller-Campanari String Quartette will be given in Sever 11 tomorrow evening at 8.

The University of Michigan hopes to have a "crack" base-ball nine next spring, and to be able to send a team East in June.

New York is to have an "Author's Club," with a membership limited to fifty of the most prominent literary workmen of the city.

Prof. Chas. E. Hamlin of Harvard has recently given a valuable gift of 100 volumes on chemistry and natural history to his alma mater, Colby University.

A business meeting of the Pierian Sodality, to consider change in constitution, and rehearsal, at 4.15 Monday. A full attendance is particularly requested.

A petition will soon be presented to the faculty, asking that men not candidates for honors be allowed to substitute theses in special departments in place of forensics.

By order of the Education Department the school-books in French government schools are to be printed in larger type, on account of the recent great increase in shortsightedness.

Chas. H. Holman, '82, has founded a paper called the Roxbury Advocate, of which the first issue appeared Saturday. Mr. Holman published occasional poems and articles in the college papers, and the Atlantic has also printed some of his verses.