The suggestion for the organization of an Inter-collegiate Press Association among the different college journals of the country is, we believe, not altogether a new one. Somewhat over a year ago it was started by the Acta Columbiana. It did not then meet with such favor as to warrant its promoters in taking steps looking toward the realization of the project. It has since, however, come somewhat prominently before the college world, and now seems in a fair way of active discussion, and perhaps of tentative adoption by the more prominent publications of our colleges. The Williams Athenaeum, the Michigan University Argonaut, the Amherst Student and the Cornell Era, besides the Acta, are all ardent advocates and promoters of the scheme, and with such a representative backing it would seem as though a successful issue might be looked for in the matter. In its last number Forney's Progress (Philadelphia) commends the proposal and says: "There are college papers enough undoubtedly to make a good showing, and the proposed association would give opportunity for college reunions of a novel and probably beneficial character."

As to the benefit that could be derived from the association, there can be no doubt, provided it be organized on the proper basis, and be animated with a sufficiently earnest and definite purpose. Of late years there has been observed a marked tendency toward a better understanding and mutual co-operation in our colleges, both between instructors and students. The New England College Association has greatly promoted this spirit. In other ways our Inter-Collegiate Ball and Boating Associations have had the same tendency. But probably none of these would have a better effect in this way than an inter-collegiate press association. The object of this union, says one of the aforesaid journals, would not merely be the definite one of "an interchange of views upon matters connected with college journalism, but also the promotion of an entente cordiale between our American universities." Of the direct value of such an association to the members thereof, as we have said before, we have no doubt, and the possibility of its beneficial influence in the promotion of a better feeling and understanding among college students is, we think, equally apparent, But to be so effective in its influence it must be an association thoroughly representative of all our larger universities - not a small clique from one or two colleges. Cornell, Columbia, Williams and Ann Arbor have signified their willingness to send representatives. Harvard, we think, would undoubtedly join in the movement. If now favorable responses can be obtained from Princeton, Yale, Brown and Dartmouth, we see no reason why active measures for the formation of the association should not be begun. If the representation at first is small and confined to the aforenamed colleges, it will not matter; the experiment could thus the more easily be tried; afterwards the association might be enlarged.