We understand that a certain freshman professor informed the class that "rushing" was the cause of Harvard's superiority over Yale in point of numbers. Now with all proper respect for this professor, we believe that there are certain other fully as potent reasons that are patent to the most casual observer. It has, we believe, been distinctly stated that the faculty positively could not allow larger classes to enter since they have not the accommodations either in rooms or instructors for them. It should be remembered, let us mention right here, that Harvard's classes always sound much larger to us than they are; the numbers they give - 286 this year - include what would be counted with us under different departments. Reckoning this way, our present freshman class numbers about 250. This is evident when we remember that Harvard's sum total is but little greater than ours. However, we do not propose to enter into a discussion on numbers, for we have always been taught that it is quality and not quantity which counts in the long run. - [Yale News.

We can but commend the instruction received by the young mind of the writer of the above, as shown in his closing sentence. More of such instruction carefully taken in by our young friend will explain to him the difference in the tone of the remarks in exchanges and outside papers when referring respectively to Harvard and Yale men.