We called the attention, a few days ago, in these columns, to the poor system used at Harvard for heating the college buildings. It seems that Cornell has also given considerable attention to this subject; but the difference between Cornell and Harvard is, that the authorities there are taking active measures to remedy the evil, and provide a new system of beating, while here we hardly think the subject has been thought of outside the circle of students themselves. The system that is likely to be adopted at Cornell, according to the Cornell Sun, is as follows : "Somewhere upon the university grounds will be erected a boiler house. From this house main pipes will be laid to the different buildings. These mains will be of wrought iron covered with asbestos. Each length will then be put into a pump log, but separated from it by strips of wood, thus forming a layer of non-conducting air. This will render it unnecessary to lay the pipes below the frost. The method of piping the different rooms has not as yet been decided upon, although several plans are under discussion. Three plans are proposed by the committee. The first would require an expenditure of $26,000, and would lay main pipes to every building upon the campus, including the various residences. The second is the same in general outline, and will involve an expense of $25,000. The third provides only for the beating of the university buildings, and can be introduced for $16,000." Whether this plan could be used at Harvard we do not know, but it would be well for the authorities to give the matter some attention. We are convinced that some plan can be devised much pleasanter than the one now in vogue here, and, at the same time, a more economical one.