CORRESPONDENCE.

BOWLING-ALLEYS.

TO THE EDITORS OF THE CRIMSON:-

THERE has been such a storm of petty complaints on the subject of the bowling-alleys, that a word on the other side may not be out of place. In the first place, as to the "professor in bowling." It is evident to any unprejudiced mind that such a person is a help, not a hindrance. At Yale the men have been clamoring for exactly the same thing that the Echo so strongly protests against. They have had no one to superintend their alleys, and in consequence the balls are cracked and chipped, and the lower end of the alleys converted into a mass of splinters by men who insist on bowling without removing their heavy boots. These splinters are liable to be run up under the nails, causing serious wounds. It may be further remarked that this inoffensive "professor" is paid by Mr. Hemenway, and it would seem more fitting to thank the donor of the Gymnasium for his continued generosity, than to whine like a peevish child who is not allowed to break its new plaything. The unfortunate "muckers" who come in for so much blame were introduced at the urgent request of students, and have certainly proved a great convenience. Altogether, now that the red tape of the card regulation has been removed, it is hard to conceive a better mode of managing the alleys than that in vogue at present.

V.