BREVITIES.

THERE will be no meeting of the H. P. C. to-night.

THE second edition of the Crimson, No 3, is now ready.

AMHERST predicts an easy (?) victory for Harvard. Many thanks.

THE next number of the Advocate will come out on next Tuesday afternoon.

THE Hasty Pudding Club Theatricals have been postponed until next Tuesday, November 26.

THE Freshman who derives Bursar from booe is advancing in a knowledge of German and in experience.

THE postman requests that the Secretaries of the different societies leave their addresses at the Post-Office.

MR. W. R. TAYLOR, '77, is preparing the Harvard Index this year, and expects to have it ready early in December.

MR. FELTON, '79, has been elected into the O. K. to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of Mr. McLennan.

WELLESLEY'S latest conundrum: Why are the Juniors so fond of the Freshmen? Ans. Because they are eighty, too.

THE Thanksgiving Recess will begin at 1 P. M. on Wednesday, November 27, and end at 11 A. M. on Friday, November 29.

THE Geological Section of the Natural History Society will hereafter meet on Tuesday, instead of Thursday evenings.

THE Faculty have given special permission that there should be theatricals given in Boston by the students for the benefit of the Boat Club.

THE next debate in English 6 is fixed for Thursday, December 5. Subject: Was Sir Philip Francis "Junius"? Members of the College will be admitted.

THE statue of Josiah Quincy, former President of the University, which is now standing in Memorial Hall, is the work of Mr. W. W. Story, and is the gift of Mr. Thomas G. Appleton and others.