THE cramming for examinations now being done universally calls to mind a suggestion we have often made, that a sufficient opportunity should be given us to review the work of a half-year before we are examined upon it. There can be no doubt that every real student feels the necessity of reviewing his work carefully before an examination, and that the loafer must do so to save himself from a condition. Some sort of a review is made at present by every one, but few have time to do the work on every subject as it should be done. The best opportunity that could be given for this work would be a vacation of a few days before the annuals and semiannuals. But there is another method, if this is asking too much, which would neither interfere with the regular exercises of the College nor give any instructor extra work. By publishing the time and order of the examinations three or four weeks before they begin, the Faculty would give us the opportunity for review which we so much need. The men who had studied would not need then to cram, as they do now, in a manner as unsatisfactory to them as it can be to the Faculty. The only objection, as far as we have heard, to having the list of examinations published thus early, is that it would seem like an encouragement to cramming. It seems to us that the early publication of the list would have an exactly opposite effect, - that it would do much to prevent cramming. If students knew the order of their examinations in time, they would carefully review the subjects on which they were to be first examined, instead of cramming up a mass of facts on finding, when the list was posted, that they had but two days in which to do the work of weeks.