BREVITIES.

THE Pi Eta Alligator has arrived.

ABOUT this time look out for coal-bills.

CONFECTIONERY now in great demand, - Bohn-Bohns.

THE Freshman nine will play their first game with the Yale Freshmen to-morrow afternoon on Jarvis. As the Freshman annuals begin the following Monday, the second game in the series will probably not be played till after Class Day.

THE annual supper of the Institute of 1770 will take place at Parker's, on June 19, at 7 P. M. Tickets, four dollars each, can be obtained by members of the Society from the committee, Messrs. Humason, Heminway, and Martin, up to 12 o'clock on the 18th.

THE Freshman Nine play the Brown Freshmen at Providence to-day.

YALE has challenged our University Nine to play a series of games beginning July 2. Kent finds it impossible for the Nine to play so late in the season, and unless Yale can manage to play before Commencement, there is little hope of the two Nines coming together this year.

WE are sorry to say that the strain on Hooper's arm in the last Princeton game was so great that he will probably not be able to pitch again this year. In case the arrangements can be made for playing Yale before July 1, a substitute will take his place in the games.

A PHILANTHROPIST in doubt where to invest his money for the greatest good of the public would have had his doubts dispelled if he had passed the Bursar's Office at any time on Tuesday night. The sight of nearly a dozen men sitting up all night to secure some of the poorest rooms in college because they could get none in any other way, would have moved a heart of stone, to say nothing of the heart of a philanthropist. Unfortunately no philanthropist passed by, and the prospect of new dormitories is as far off as ever.

THE Spring races at Yale took place on Wednesday afternoon. The single-scull race was won by Kennedy of the University crew in 15 minutes 21 1/4 seconds. Kennedy will pull in the single-scull race at Saratoga. The six-oared race was won by a crew from the Law School in 13.09, the Freshmen coming in second in 13.16, and the Junior class crew, with Cook and two other members of the University crew, 6 seconds later. The seat of the bow oar in the last crew came off its runners at the start, delaying the crew. Distance in both races, two miles, with a turn. A race for pair-oars followed, in which Cook and Brownell beat Fowler and Kellogg (all of the University crew) by 9 1/2 seconds. Distance one mile, with a turn. Time of winning boat, 7.05 1/2.

A REMARKABLE amateur game of base-ball was played at New Haven, Saturday, May 29, between the Princeton and Yale Nines. We give the score:-

PRINCETON.

R. IB. PO. A. E.

Moffat, 2d b. . 0 1 1 1 2

Laughlin, s. s. . 1 0 2 4 1