THE Convention of the Rowing Association of American Colleges, held in Hartford January 21, 1874, adjourned to January, 1875. There are many reasons, we believe, for setting the time of meeting at an earlier date. Questions of far more than ordinary moment with reference to the future conduct of regattas will demand the attention of the convention, and its decision will greatly influence the course of action of those who are, either directly or indirectly, to be concerned in the regatta of 1875. It is particularly desirable that the choice of a regatta committee should be effected earlier than last year, that no shortcomings on their part may be attributed to a lack of time. Then, too, nothing can contribute more to a successful race than as early a choice as possible of the locality of the race. If Saratoga is again fixed upon, preparations for the accommodation of visitors - which the experience of last year showed to be necessary - will have to be made, for which ample time is the great requisite. New colleges are talking about joining the Association, who should know their fate as soon as possible, that their men may go into training, and funds be raised for their support. A fresh memory of the events of the last regatta will aid greatly in the correction of mistakes and abuses. In short, - not to go into a detailed consideration of points which will naturally suggest themselves to any who had to do with the regatta of 1874, - nothing can be lost, but much gained, by an early convention, and we therefore recommend the matter to the consideration of the members of the Association.