{shortcode-a7aec242a3e054e824154a98cd4313a7826cf92c}Well, here we are again, assigning personalities to arbitrarily assigned houses. But here’s the thing: If we keep giving them personalities, one day they’ll stick. So here, have some identity in its purest form: MBTI personality types.

For reference, the MBTI works as follows:

First letter is ‘E’ for extroverted or ‘I’ for introverted.

Second letter is ‘N’ for intuitive (which is…counterintuitive) or ‘S’ for observant (um, what?).

Third letter is ‘T’ for thinking or ‘F’ for feeling.

Fourth letter is ‘P’ for prospecting or ‘J’ for judging.

If you feel like that makes no sense, you’re right. Now time to really invest in it!

Adams House: ISTP/The Virtuoso

The extremely dimly lit Gold Room is perfect for brooding, which is all ISTPs need. Plus, is it just me, or do artists disproportionately end up in Adams…?

Cabot House: ISFP/The Adventurer

Fish love to adventure. And it’s quite the adventure to reach Cabot from anywhere relevant. Worth it for Cabot Café, though?

Currier House: ISFJ/The Defender

Currier is always ~defending~ their house, so this seems apt. They also have to defend their reigning title as the best dhall on campus.

Dunster House: ESFP/The Entertainer

The Dunster dhall is…so loud. So somebody’s got to be entertaining somebody. They’re also always entertaining the athletes who swoop in at precisely 7:30 p.m. every weeknight.

Eliot House: INFJ/The Advocate

So…INFJs are supposed to be, like, mysterious. I don’t know if Eliotites are actually mysterious or if they’re just kind of stuck up. I do know, however, that a lot of them are on the Harvard Advocate, so.

Kirkland House: ESTP/The Entrepreneur

They really have to be entrepreneurial in order to figure out how to make a whole week out of every week. I cannot imagine the creative stress.

Leverett House: ESTJ/The Executive

Lev had to be one of the extroverted ones, because there are just so many people living there. And the ~executive~ function to reach the dhall from the towers? Extreme.

Lowell House: INTJ/The Architect

Recently renovated by ~architects~, Lowellians have plenty of INTJ strategic thinking to spare, because they don’t have to think strategically about when to leave their dorm to get to class on time.

Mather House: ENTJ/The Commander

Mather definitely looks pretty commanding with that phallic strong and brutalist architecture. It even commands you to walk up a whole flight of stairs to get to its dhall.

Pforzheimer House: ENTP/The Debater

Do I have to explain this one? We’ve all heard about the extremely active mailing list.

Quincy House: ENFP/The Campaigner

The People’s House is enthusiastic, optimistic, and always ready for a good time. They’re also really good at convincing you (campaigning, if you will) that it’s a good idea to hit the third party of the night when you’re ready to crawl into your nice warm bed.

Winthrop House: ENFJ/The Protagonist

Everyone in Winthrop has the worst case of main character syndrome I’ve maybe ever seen in my life. With love <3

Honorable Mentions (because there are sixteen personality types):

Dudley: ESFJ/The Consul

The Co-op: INFP/The Mediator

The Yard: INTP/The Logician

Sleeping in Lamont all the time: ISTJ/The Logistician (which is somehow different than the logician)

Actually, writing this piece has convinced me that the MBTI is all made up. But just in case it’s not, keep these in mind on that fateful Thursday. Happy housing season!