Harvard Business School Extends ‘2+2’ Deferred Admission Deadline

{shortcode-827f82bf8e355b64a5a4e37a7a8f119619f10f8d}

Harvard Business School will extend the deadline for its deferred-admission Master of Business Administration program in light of the escalating coronavirus pandemic, Business School Managing Director of MBA Admissions and Financial Aid Chad I. Losee wrote on the program’s website Wednesday.

Instead of April 2, the deadline for the upcoming application cycle is now June 1 at noon. The school will release decisions on July 28.

Intended for prospective students currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate or master’s degree programs, the 2+2 program entails at least two years of work experience and two years in the standard MBA program. Preference is given to “high potential” students who pursue less traditional paths to business school, according to the Business School website, including individuals who come from lower socioeconomic backgrounds or are pursuing entrepreneurship.

Nine percent of 1,403 total applicants to the program earned spots in the Class of 2023, with 115 matriculating in the 2+2 cohort.

In the post, Losee wrote that the admissions office decided to offer more flexibility in light of severe disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

“We have learned that many of your recommenders are overwhelmed and academic testing centers have closed in many places around the world,” Losee wrote. “In short, we understand that getting your application over the finish line is difficult with everything going on.”

Losee added that his team took the decision seriously and apologized to people for whom this development posed an inconvenience. He wrote that the situation may change, but the deadline is most likely fixed at June 1.

“We hope that these extra two months are helpful to you and allow you to focus on your senior year,” Losee wrote.

—Staff writer Haemaru Chung can be reached at haemaru.chung@thecrimson.com.